March 2, 2016

SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES

Before moving to NYC (from Brasil) SanFran was my dream city. I don't know why I always wanted to go there. 
To be honest, my experience was very underwhelming. I had high expectations but only after almost 10 years living in the USA I managed to visit "the city of my dreams".
Golden Gate Bridge 
The "Golden Gate Park" is beautiful and it's worth it to spend a day having a picnic there and walk to the "Golden Gate Bridge". The bridge is the most important attraction of the city and its a must see. 
Be aware of the long lines and extremely high volume traffic.
The Painted Ladies
It is a good option to book one of those "Hop on Hop off" buses, even though they are unbelievably over priced. Another great option is to take the "cable cars" although, they won't take you to all the major tourist spots. 
The "Fisherman's Wharf", "Alcatraz Island", the "Full House Houses", the "San Francisco Pier", "Lombard Street", "AT&T Park", "Ghirardelli Square" and the "Twin Peaks" we're all in our itinerary. 
Yosemite National Park
Now, to me, the best part of the trip was that we had booked a day tour to the "Yosemite National Park". It was a great experience, the tour bus picked us up early in the morning and dropped us off late at night. 
I was very impressed with the amazing sights, specially the "El Capitan" and the "Dome" where we could spot climbers all over the mountain. 
The "Sequoia Trees" were also very impressive. Bottom line, no matter how long you have in SanFran, always manage to go to "Yosemite". 

No comments:

Post a Comment